If you landed on this page looking for a deshedding tool, then you must have a furry friend. We all love our lovely companions and do everything in our power to keep them healthy and happy. I know that I do. I would be able to do anything for my dog. Nothing compares to the companionship, love, and affection of a dog. Mark Twain once said that ‘the more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.’ Sadly, the man was and is still right. Few people can offer what a dog can, no matter the breed. The same goes for any animal you keep as a pet, but you and I both know what dogs are known for.
Even though you love your pet more than life itself, that doesn’t mean there aren’t things that bother you. There is no such thing as a perfect dog, the same way there’s isn’t such thing as a perfect human. With all the love and devotion comes a little bit of responsibility and unpleasantness. For example, one of the things that ALL pet owners must confront with is shedding. It usually happens twice a year, and when it does, prepare some pillow cases because you may want to make a pillow or two. It’s a natural process, but it’s still disturbing.
It’s true that not all pet owners have this problem, or it’s different for some. Take a boxer and an Alaskan malamute, for example. Which one do you think will shed more fur? Obviously, it’s the malamute. That is because it has a longer fur. That is the rule, usually. The longer the hair, the nastier the shed.
Fortunately, pet products suppliers came with all sorts of solutions that should solve anyone’s problem. It doesn’t matter which breed of dog or cat you have, there is a solution for you out there. This solution is called a deshedding tool, and every furry pet owner should have one.
The benefits of using a deshedding tool
I would be happy with something that simplygathers all the hair within the house. Not even a vacuum cleaner can handle the amount of hair involved. But a deshedding tool does a pretty good job. Here is why people love it.
- It will remove all excess hair – the rule is as follows: the hair grows until it stops,then it I cannot put it simpler than that. For dogs, that usually happens twice a year and is triggered by environment changes like seasons. For example, my dog sheds in March and October. When that happens, there is a lot of fallen hair around the house. What you can do is use a deshedding tool and remove all that excess hair that is about to fall. That means your dog will have less about-to-fall fur, and your house will be cleaner.
- It also trims hair – If you haven’t seen a deshedding tool before, you should know that it looks like a comb, only that it has small blades between the teeth. The blades will help you trim the dog’s or cat’s fur. So you can use the tool not only when your pet is shedding, but when you want to give it a nice trim as well. It comes in handy for people who have long-haired dogs, especially in the summer.
- It’s cheaper than a groomer – it’s true that some deshedding tools exceed the price for a session at the groomer’s, but what about next time? It’s not like this is the last time your dog or cat will shed fur. So yes, it may seem more expensive now, but in the long run, you save money. A session at the groomers is for now, but a deshedding tool will be around for years.
What to consider before buying a deshedding tool
There aren’t many things that you should concern yourself with when it comes to a deshedding tool. After all, it’s just a trimming tool, it’s not very complicated that it requires careful consideration. However, buying a random product will not work either, because there are a few small factors you should pay attention to. They are small, but they are there.
- Not all deshedding tools are created equal – by that, I mean that your choice in a product depends on the length of your pet’s hair. There are usually three categories, long, medium, and short-haired pets. Each category has a deshedding tool that best fits its needs. There are tools that claim to fix the issue for all cats and dogs no matter how long their hair is, but I have to admit that I am a little bit skeptical about it. And last, but not least, some manufacturers produce tools for long-haired pets and short-haired pets, so the three categories disappear entirely.
- The material of the comb – ideally, the comb should be made of stainless steel. That is because the blades are sharp and will remain that way for an extended period of time. Stainless steel will always indicate durability. Also, the material will not rust or corrode, which I consider it to be a huge plus.
- Ease of cleaning – no matter how much you groom your pet, it will never be completely clean. That is why you need a comb that is easy to clean. Getting the fur from between the teeth of the comb can be very difficult, but some deshedding tools have a rejector that removes the hair in a second. If you would like that feature, you should go for it.
- The handle – this is more for you than it is for your pet, but you should feel comfortable as well. The handle is important because deshedding your dog is not a 5-minute job. It can take up to an hour depending on the breed and the length of the hair. Also, a dog with long tangled hair will keep you busy a few hours. Your hands will get tired anyway, but you will have more comfort using a deshedding tool with an ergonomic handle rather than a regular handle. You won’t develop blisters, your hand will not be in pain, and you can finish the job in one session. You may need to do it again in a few days while the shedding season is ongoing, but at least you will be comfortable doing it.
What are the best deshedding tools?
Only you can decide which one is the best for you. After all, it is your pet we’re talking about, and you are the one to handle the tool. However, I must admit that finding the best deshedding tool for you is pretty confusing, mostly because there are too many of them available. I bet that if there were just one for each category, you wouldn’t ask such a question. But then again, we live in a day and age when there are a hundred products that fix the same issue, so we are just all going to have to deal with the confusion. Here are a few deshedding tools that may prove to be useful.
DakPets Pet Grooming Tool
This deshedding tool is one of those products that enjoy tens of thousands of positive reviews. A lot of people bought this product and are very satisfied with it. That is because it provides high-quality grooming, and it reduces shedding by up to 95%. That means a pet with a healthier fur, and a cleaner house, and an allergens-freeenvironment. After all, isn’t that what you are looking for?
I have to admit that it has a pretty affordable price for its quality. There are few products out there that have such a perfect quality-value ratio. The comb measures 4 inches in width and can be used on all categories of pets. It doesn’t matter that you have a cat or a dog, or whether your pet has short, medium, or long hair. The DakPets tool will work just as good in any case. The comb is made of highly durable stainless steel, which means you won’t have to buy another tool anytime soon. The blades will stay sharp for years. You will receive a blade cover that will protect the blade while you store it.
The DakPets grooming tool is very gentle on your pet’s skin, will not cause rashes or injuries. It is designed to remove all the excess hair without putting too much stress on the pet’s skin. The handle is very comfortable to hold, which means you will groom your pet with ease. The item is suitable for both dogs and cats. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
FURminatordeShedding Tool for Dogs
FURminator is a worldwide renowned product that has been enjoying customer satisfaction for years. There is no dog owner on the planet that hasn’t heard about it, but that just proves how good the product is. I have to admit that it’s a bit pricey, but according to customers’ reviews, it’s worth every penny.
The FURminator will reduce shedding in dogs by up to 90%. It can be found in versions for extra small, small, medium, large, and giant breeds of dogs. The length of the fur will also determine which model you should use. I believe that it’s better this way than a universal grooming tool. It’s better to be the best at one thing than to be average at many.
The comb is made of stainless steel, and the edge will reach deep within the fur. It will go underneath the top coat and remove any loose hair. Once the tool is full of hair, you can use the FURejector, which is a simple mechanism that pushes the hair out of the comb. Simple, but brilliant. The handle has an ergonomic design that will make using it very comfortable and easy. You should know that this deshedding tool was developed by a professional groomer, which is why it’s superior to any other design. Keep in mind that this product is meant for use on dogs only. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Chirpy Pets Dog and Cat Brush for Shedding
This also seems to be a popular product among pet owners. Thousands of people tried it and claimed that is one of the best deshedding tools for both cats and dogs. It can remove hair shedding by up to 90%, and the whole process is supposed to last just a few minutes. That is probably true with cats and small and medium dogs, but I seriously doubt that grooming a German Sheperd, for example, will take only 5 minutes. No deshedding tool is that good.
The comb is only 4 inches wide and is made of stainless steel. Keep in mind that this product doesn’t trim. It’s only for thorough brushing only, which means there are no blades involved. The brush comes with a protective cover that will increase its lifespan. The handle is very comfortable and will not break easily.
The Chirpy Pets brush will help with deshedding by removing all loose hair. It can also be used when you are checking your pet for parasites or skin conditions. Since the comb will not irritate the skin in any way, there is no limit to how much you can use it. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I think it’s not a surprise for you that my number one recommendation is the FURminator. I like everything about it. The quality, the fact that there is a size for every category of breeds and length of hair, and the mere existence of the FURejector make this product one of the best deshedding tools money can buy.
Taking care of your beloved pet is not difficult when you have the right tools. All of the tools from above will assist you with deshedding. We all know how messy it can get and how hard it is to get rid of all that hair. And that is why products like the FURminator were created. To make your life with your furry friend more enjoyable. Click here to buy on Amazon
- A Review of Furminator Deshedding Tool
- Hearsay, Lies and Dog Deshedder
- Deshedding Tool for Dogs – the Story
- Top Furminator for Cats Guide!
- Finding the Best Furminator Dog Brush
- Deshedding Brush Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Furminator Brush Exposed
- Productive Techniques for Furminator for Dogs That You Can Begin to Use Immediately
- Alarming Details Regarding Deshedding Tool Unveiled
- Life After Furminator
- The Mystery of Best Deshedding Brush for Dogs That No One Is Discussing
- Unanswered Problems With Cat Deshedding Tool Revealed
- The Pain of Deshedding Comb
- Choosing Good Furminator Long Hair
- The Unusual Mystery Into Furminator Cat Brush Exposed
- Ruthless Shedding Tool for Dogs Strategies Exploited
- An Impartial View of Dog Deshedding Brush
- All About Shedding Tool
- What You Can Do About Short Hair Dog Brush Starting in the Next Seven Minutes
- Here’s What I Know About Deshedding Dogs
- What Everybody Dislikes About Dog Shedding Comb and Why
- Shedding Comb for Dogs Ideas
- Effective Tips for Furminator Dog That You Can Use Starting Immediately
- The Most Incredibly Disregarded Solution for Best Deshedding Tool for Dogs
- Outrageous Furminator Large Dog Tips
- Top Dog Furminator Choices
- The Secret to Furminator Deshedding Tool for Dogs
- Deshedding Brush for Dogs: the Ultimate Convenience!
- Want to Know More About Deshedder for Dogs?
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Deshedding a Dog…The Simple Truth Revealed
- What You Do Not Know About Dog Shedding
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Dog Shedding Tool
- Things You Won’t Like About Dog Deshedding Tool and Things You Will
- The Fundamentals of Furminator Cat Revealed
- The One Thing to Do for Deshedding